Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Living Room: Tackling The Magazines...
Many of you have heard me complain about the stacks and stacks of magazines that seem to accumulate in our house. Tom is very weird about this. As long as I have known him he will keep back-issues of multiple magazines in stacks on the floor -- fully intending (so he says) to read through these periodicals whenever he has a little downtime. The problem with this approach is two-fold: we have a serious lack of downtime, and when we do get around to chillin' magazine sorting does not make the top of the priority list. In any case, after moving many stacks from his dorm room to 3 different apartments in Raleigh to 1 apartment in Houston and finally to our first house, he has assured me that he now has a system to keep the magazine volumes manageable. We shall see. With all of this in mind, perhaps it will be more clear why as soon as I saw this lovely piece of furniture I had to get it for Tom for Valentine's Day. It is a solid wood magazine rack made by Berhardt for their Smithsonian Chesapeake collection. I got a fabulous deal on Ruelala.com. It arrived today, and is much bigger than I expected....and a very lovely piece of furniture. I am excited to get the rest of the living room set up. For now, it will go to storage for a few more weeks, until the time that back-issues of Newsweek, Backpacker, and Texas Monthly can take up residence. Sigh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment