
The planning for Nelson House Renovations 2009/2010 goes on. Tom took the week of Thanksgiving off work, and he patiently met with many contractors to get quotes on our house projects. We have made a few decisions. The roofers will begin installing our new shingles next week (barring any inclement weather). We have narrowed down our list of painters, and we are still looking to get a few more quotes from carpenters for the beadboard, wainscoting, moulding and bookcase projects.

I ordered the above headboard from Anthropologie last night. I have been looking for a bed frame made out of reclaimed wood or bleached wood. I like the lighter look of it. This one has a grey upholstered backing (which looks more purple than reality in the photo), and I first noticed it some time ago. When I saw that it was on sale for 50% off, we decided that it would look great in the middle room (a.k.a. the Guest Room).
I also ordered the creme-colored Cirrus bedding from Anthropologie (pictures below).

The idea is to put up white, paneled wainscoting around the whole room, paint the top part of the wall a dark grey-brown...and then hang a crystal chandelier in the center for illumination. :) Here is one example of a possibility for the paint color.

I would like the wainscoting to go about 60% of the way up the wall, and be wide, white boards. I am having a hard time finding a representative photo...but here are two that show the type of paneling (the 2nd is from PB Kids).


The furniture and accessories will be the color of drift-wood. For example, I am loving this mirror from Anthropologie and these lamps from Jayson Home and Garden. Need to find a good alternative to these $500+ lamps, so send me a note if you know of some good ones in a similar style.

I would like to have someone make us an armoire to match the light wood of the headboard -- this Pottery Barn armoire is a great style.

Alternatively, I also love this armoire (seen in Country Living). Looks great in light wood, and would be very nice to customize the inside storage.

No comments:
Post a Comment