Sunday, November 22, 2009

Living Room: Bookcase and Paint Colors

As I mentioned before - storage space is key in our little house. We have a set of very old pocket doors that separate our living room and dining room. Right now, they are painted open, but hopefully that will change soon. In order to have some space to store books and DVDs in the living room, I am planning on getting a carpenter to build a bookcase around the pocket doors on the living room side of the wall. Here is picture from Country Living of what I am thinking.



This is another example. The shelves will go all the way to the wall as shown here, but the top moulding will be more like the first picture.



We are thinking about painting the walls of the living room (and also the back hallway) a light brown. The wall behind the white bookcase will be a darker shade of brown (to also serves as an accent wall...we are very fancy). This is what we are thinking about for the lighter color. The bookcase example is just to show the effect. The color will be different.



We are planning to decorate the room with shades of brown, creme, champagne, burgundy, and red. Think our wedding colors. :) I ordered these PB throw pillows today.

No comments:

Post a Comment